18 July, 2012

Google Nexus 7; A Tablet or a Big fat hen?




Google Nexus 7, a tablet released last week has found it's place on people's lips all over the world now.
I'm not surprised most people craving for this tablet are geeks.
Well, Google Nexus 7 is a seven-inch tablet that supports NFC and features Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (First tablet of it's kind),,,,,
It has a quad-core Tegra 3 processor and with1GB RAM; You can also choose between the 8GB and 16GB variant at different prices though.
It displays in 1200x800 HD backlit and has a 1.2 mega pixels front camera covered with corning glass.
Not done yet, The Nexus 7 features an accelerometer, a gyroscope, a GPS chip and supports the new offline mode of Google Maps for navigating in the absence of internet.
I talked about the internet there! I think it's time I say something about that.


Google Nexus 7 power packed tablet has won my heart all through even though I have to sacrifice my current phone to purchase it. I really don't mind but....
This amazing tablet has got it loaded but has no support for micro sim card which means it doesn't depend on local communication networks for internet browsing as it only allows a wi-fi connection. This has given me a big concern and it's obscuring my plans of getting the Nexus 7.
I couldn't help it but to write it out here so you know what you are in for.

In places like Nigeria here, wi-fi connections ain't that much available expect in some particular places and you even get disappointed when you find out that the connection is locked. Free hotspots are very rare in Nigeria here that you solely have access if you're a friend to the admin behind the wi-fi hotspot.
This is so obscene and sometimes make me write-off wi-fi as a feature of any mobile phone or tablet.
Though there's still good news from the wi-fi aspect but still not comfortable as having a stand alone internet connection.
If you own a Pc or Android device that is W/LAN supported, you can share your mobile data connection unto your Nexus 7 tablet to access the internet. That's easy too but not comfortable all time!
I think Google does not want us to rely on mobile data anymore. It's a good move but will it favour countries like Nigeria?

Moreso, The Nexus 7 has no rear camera. That's not really a problem! I don't expect you to walk around holding a 7-inch tablet trying to take an image. It's gonna look... (sorry I can't express myself here)
The front camera is important for video chats and other live views.

So tell me, do you change your mind or there's no going back?

As for me, Google Nexus 7 is a hit! What about you?

If you like this post, tell your friends about it. Click on any of the share buttons (facebook, twitter, Google+, etc.)

Receive Updates In Your MailBox For Free

Enter your email address:




4 comments:

praizJosh said...

Nice writeup you got there!

Despite the fact that the Nexus 7 doesn't have a camera nor a micro sim slot yet, I might still get me one.

I'm not much of a photography dude so the having no camera part won't affecting that much.

I know we don't have much Wi-Fi hotspot here. But, there's a work around for that. "Naija no dey carry last!"

I'ld get me a Mi-Fi device or another Android device to share Wi-Fi connections between them so i can access the internet.

Olaryeankarh said...

Let's consider people who like this tablet but are not so rich to get a mi-fi or another android device, I don't think it's made for them then.

Bosun said...

Just the wifi issue is my prob too. not fit for most nigerians

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha. D title was wat brought me here. Nice writeup u got there.

Post a Comment

Contribute to this Article; Kindly leave a comment below.
Thanks!

Followers

This blog has been moved to Mobile Raft Visit and check for newer and awesome posts. Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...